I'm making diner (yes, at 9:30) because I fell asleep immediately after my last post. Which means I have a ton of grading to do before real bedtime now. But while I'm waiting for the food to cook, I was browsing blogs and it seems that lots of people are writing about the need to schedule time off, "me" time. Having time off makes it easier to get through the giant pile of work. I think it might be a sign. It is okay not to work every single minute of everyday, and though I usually take the weekends to recoup, needed naps are needed naps. And I am not going to feel guilty.
I almost cried in Starbucks today because I was trying to decide if I should buy a brownie to go with my grande hazelnut Americano and I remembered something that Husband said a couple weeks ago when I was feeling guilty about spending too much money on coffee and lunch: "Sometime you just have to do what it takes to get through the day." I have a wonderful husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment