Sunday, September 05, 2010

Summer Reading, 2010

Classes don't start till Tuesday, but I'm posting my summer reading list now. The library is closed until Wednesday, so while I might read a couple of books hanging around the house, I think that it's safe to say that summer reading season is over.

I still read throughout the year, but it's in bursts and moments that I can steal away from work. During the academic year, I tend to reread what I have because I am stressed or read something I own but haven't read because the library is closed and I am bored out of my mind but can't bear to do anything academic. So my reading habits are different. Summer reading is more adventurous.

There are some real duds on this list, so feel free to ask me about anything. And if you have suggestions for future readings, leave them in the comments. I do have a library list going for when I will get the chance to stop by or next summer.

1. Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
2. Corpse Pose by Diana Killian
3. Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn
4. Death Comes as Epiphany by Sharan Newman
5. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith
6. Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
7. No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt
8. Darkling by Yasmine Galenorn
9. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
10. Slob by Ellen Potter
11. Where There's a Witch by Madelyn Alt
12. The Haunting by Margaret Mahy
13. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
14. Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton
15. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
16. The End of the Alphabet by CS Richardson
17. A Tisket, a Tasket, a Fancy Stolen Casket by Fran Rizer
18. Finished Off by Rebecca Kent
19. Benighted by Kit Whitfield
20. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
21. Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn
22. Hell and Earth by Elizabeth Bear
23. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
24. Almost French by Sarah Turnbull
25. Dial H for Hitchcock by Susan Kandel
26. Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell
27. Good Omens by Terry Prachett & Neil Gaiman
28. One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson
29. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
30. Never After by Laurell K. Hamilton, Yasmine Galenorn, Marjorie M. Liu, & Sharon Shinn
31. It Sucked and Then I Cried by Heather B. Armstrong
32. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
33. Poltergeist by Kat Richardson
34. The Sterkarm Handshake by Susan Price
35. The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester
36. When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson
37. An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke
38. Once Upon a Crime by Carolyn Keene
39. Sink Trap by Christy Evans
40. Underground by Kat Richardson
41. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood
42. Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
43. The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
44. Night Huntress by Yasmine Galenorn
45. A Witch in Time by Madelyn Alt
46. Warrior by Marie Brennan
47. Witch by Marie Brennan
48. Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn
49. Amazon Ink by Lori Devoti
50. A Sudden Wild Magic by Diana Wynne Jones
51. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
52. Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn
53. A Dose of Murder by Lori Avocato
54. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
55. The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz

3 comments:

delagar said...

Have you read Hunger Games yet? It's got a few problems with pace, mainly in the last volume; but I loved it.

delagar said...

Also, it's hard to find, but Eleanor Arnason, Women of the Iron People, is a great book.

Tree of Knowledge said...

Thanks, delager! I'll add them to the list.