As always, if you want to know about any particular book, just ask in the comments. Or if this list gives you any ideas of books I should read, leave a comment. I have a library list going for next summer. I'm hoping to keep reading during the semester, but at a much, much slower pace.
1. Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison
3. A Cast Off Coven by Juliet Blackwell
4. Latte Trouble by Cleo Coyle
5. The Accomplice by Elizabeth Ironside
6. A Good Death by Elizabeth Ironside
7. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
8. Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
9. The Inside Story by Michael Buckley
10. Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton
11. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
12. Aunt Dimity's Good Deed by Nancy Atherton
13. The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner
14. Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
15. Unseen Academicals by Terry Prachett
16. The Art of Deception by Elizabeth Ironside
17. Aunt Dimity Digs In by Nancy Atherton
18. Murder Most Frothy by Cleo Coyle
19. Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear
20. A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke
21. Aunt Dimity's Christmas by Nancy Atherton
22. An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear
23. The Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay
24. The Pig Did It by Jopseph Caldwell
25. The Sealed Letter by Emma Donoghue
26. Every Which Way but Dead by Kim Harrison
27. Aunt Dimity and the Duke by Nancy Atherton
28. Decaffeinated Corpse by Cleo Coyle
29. A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison
30. Murder... Suicide... Whatever... by Gwen Freeman
31. The Wandering Fire by Guy Gavriel Kay
32. Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear
33. Aunt Dimity Beats the Devil by Nancy Atherton
34. The Darkest Road by Guy Gavriek Kay
35. For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison
36. How to Cook a Tart by Nina Killham
37. Aunt Dimity: Detective by Nancy Atherton
38. The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear
39. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
40. Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
41. The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
42. Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
43. Thursday Next: First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
44. Aunt Dimity Takes a Holiday by Nancy Atherton
45. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
46. Going Postal by Terry Prachett
47. The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison
48. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Hidden Gallery by Maryrose Wood
49. Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn
50. Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance
51. Vanished by Kat Richardson
52. Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
53. Aunt Dimity: Snowbound by Nancy Atherton
54. Freach Pressed by Cleo Coyle
55. Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs
56. The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
57. The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde
58. Souless by Gail Carriger
59. Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin by Nancy Atherton
60. Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson
61. Espresso Shot by Cleo Coyle
62. White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison
63. Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle
5 comments:
Wow, that is a lot of books!! It is one book every day? I'm very impressed!
Wow! You've been a reading maniac. What's the best of the bunch, do you think?
Have you read Sixty-One Nails? I just finished it--urban fantasy set in the UK. I really enjoyed it and will get the next in the series.
Wow...what a lot of books. I've read the ones by Kathy Reichs and Janet Evanovich. Yes, I was wondering like Carrie what's the best of the bunch?
The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde is the best. They're very funny and intricately detailed. Even though they have a parallel time-line/speculative fiction premise, they are really about reading and the love of books. But I've reread the series several times.
Of the ones that were new to me, the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear was the best. I was never tempted to skim parts, and they're the kind of books that deal with so much of the characters' emotions, they sit with you for a while after you've read them. But they're not crying/trauma books, or really heavy; they just linger.
I also really liked the Kim Harrison series. It's urban fiction, but also really well written. You know how a lot of series just recycle the same plot, so several books in you start feeling like you've read it before? These don't do that. Secondary characters are introduced a book or two before they're important, and she develops the plots and characters in interesting ways (sometimes predictable, but still interesting). It's a well-plotted series.
I was disappointed by the Harris and Evanovich. But both of those series have been going on so long that it was just a matter of time.
And I'm excited to read another Gail Carriger. Souless is the first in a Steampunk series, and it's more of a romance than anything else. I usually don't like steampunk or romance, but I really enjoyed Souless. I think because it's also a clear parody of Victorian romances? Apparently each novel in that series parodies a different Victorian genre.
oops, I mean Harrison is urban fantasy.
Post a Comment