We left NYC and landed in East Coast State where we saw friends and friends with babies. It was really nice to see everyone again. I miss my grad-school friends and there was much catching up.
Days 9-13: Wednesday-Sunday
We rented a car and drove down to Landlocked State. Atlanta Friend drove up to meet us and we hung out with her for a couple of days. We saw family and ate good Southern food that you can’t get in Hawai‘i. We got to play with my kitty, Neville, who lives with Sister now.

My grandparents are building a new house because their current one is on its deathbed. So we got to walk around the skeleton of the new place. I miss my family, but it was nice visiting. It was like we never left. No one broke down into tears when it was time to go, and we just picked up where we left off. It felt normal, like we were still living in the area and just popped over for the day.
Day 14: Monday
Monday morning we got on a plane and left for Hawai‘i. When I got off the plane I took a deep breath—plumeria, hibiscus, salt air—home.
No comments:
Post a Comment