We spent the day at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. It was lovely, like most botanical gardens, a haven of greenery in a concrete forest. I was most surprised at seeing the bunny.


That night we dined at the gallery—pasta, salad, and wine. It was a good dinner with lots of conversation. Everyone had a blast. I met Gallery Girl and we totally bonded over Sesame Street and New Kids on the Block.
Day 3: Thursday
We went to the Met. The Met is HUGE. We didn’t even attempt to see all of it. We viewed the special exhibits, the Egyptian wing, the armory, the modern art, the 20thc. art, the contemporary art, the American something-or-other, the design gallery, the Byzantine art—I think that’s it. I loved the Egyptian stuff. I have issues with the mummies being shown though; it’s a little disrespectful I think.


Then, we hopped a train to Chelsea and went to too many gallery openings to count. It was an interesting contrast to the Met. We dined with Husband’s professor, and I had the best macaroni and cheese I have ever eaten. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing it was. Divine. Then back to the loft for general hanging out.
1 comment:
I love the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. And I don't think I've ever been to Manhattan without a trip to the Met. Wonderful choices!
Post a Comment