Saturday, June 17, 2006

What Does It Mean When You Dream of a Black Camel?

I woke up from an unusual dream. A colleague/friend from East Coast State was selling her house to Husband and me. The house was on the inlands, not in ECS. I’m not sure which island as it didn’t look like Big City Island. It could have been on the North Shore though. The house was listed at $1,000,000. Since it was us, friends, she was dropping it to 7 or 800. Eventually we settled at $700,000. There was extensive termite damage that we would repair, and we agreed to care for her pets until she could move them to her new house or find them a home. She was getting married and leaving this, her family home, and decided to let us have the furniture as well – old, sturdy, nice furniture in need of new upholstery. She was still boxing up her things, and it would be two weeks before we would close in early July, but as it was us, her friends, she let us move right on in, on the condition we toss anything we see of hers into a box. She was already living with her fiancĂ©, and again, we would be caring for her pets.

A pathway went between her/our yard and the neighbors leading to the pristine, secluded beach. It was the only beach access in the area.

The yard was huge – huge making this way more than a $1,000,000 home in reality. A large portion was fenced in for the dogs. The neighbors didn’t like it when they pooped in their yard. There were three dogs – an off-white, curly-furred dog that looked like a sheep, a small white dog with a large black spot that looks like my sister’s dog Dizzy, and a big black dog with a white speckled snout that looks like he would have been an excellent shepard. This third dog was a translator dog. He translated what the other dogs said into English (“Don’t mind her, she’s just tired”). They were friendly, wonderful dogs. I went into the fenced-in yard to look around. At the back were three smaller fenced-in areas, each with a door, a doghouse, and food and water bowls. This is where the dogs went when the lawn was being mowed. The rest of the time the doors were left open and they slept there. I went into one kennel area and noticed another large fenced in portion behind. I had no idea what it was, and was trying to figure out its use, when a large, black camel came out from the back and up to the fence. I petted it. He was very friendly – a dromedary with thick black curls all over his body.

I went back up to the house and said to my colleague/friend, “you have a black camel.” She smiled. We were standing outside of the fence, next to the house with Husband and the repair man who were talking about the termite damage. C/F and I looked back at the camel, who was now curled on his lower back, feet in the air and juggling the dog that looked like Dizzy. They were playing together and appeared to be having a lot of fun.


black camel pic found here, as I don't just keep these lying around

I did a quick internet search on black camels, and I learned that they are very rare. Aside from the porn sites, very little came up. I come across a few Freemason sites that referred cryptically to an Arab proverb: Death is a black camel which kneels at every door. Dreams don’t have to mean anything, but I didn’t know there were black camels. That seems like an important detail, even for a brain-fart.

No comments: