Monday, June 19, 2006

Stupidity

I've decided not to read the news anymore, at least for a while. I'll read the comics, but the closest I'm coming to news is MuggleNet. I just keep getting angry when I read the news. There's just too much stupidity. I've skipped it the last couple of days and have felt much better.

I wish I could say that it was politics and the destruction of our world that makes me angry. I mean, they do, but I can handle that anger. I have outlets for that anger and an insane belief that my voice counts. What I can't handle is the vast number of articles about stupid people doing stupid things. There's no outlet for that anger, no petitions to sign or organizations to work for or to donate to. There's no one to listen to reason. That anger just comes out in a sputtering rant that no one hears, or it's just too stupid for words and there's just disbelief.

It was the Starbucks article that pushed me over the edge. Why? Why sue Starbucks? Who thinks that a mocha and a croissant is healthy? Really, who? I don't. I mean, argh! (takes deep breath) I'm not ranting here. I've already been angry about this.

Stupidity makes me angry. I just don't understand why people choose to be stupid. This is not a matter of intelligence or IQ; this is a matter of deciding that your brain is a receptacle for trash.

No comments: