Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend Update

I kinda have nothing to say, but thought I should check in since I haven't posted in a few days. Husband and I just worked out a budget - ugh. I hate budgets. The problem is that it's summer, so we have free time, so we're spending money. We're not big spenders anyway, so any expense (ice cream, a movie) seems like extravagance. We've been a little extravagant this month. One such extravagant purchase was on my part. I bought 13 Nancy Drew books at Goodwill for $21. I'm not sure why... One day, I will write an article about Nancy Drew. Rereading the books is giving me ideas... Of course I should be doing other things. Hark, 'tis a "To Do" list:

  • Go through, select, and send teaching materials to program chair for training purposes.
  • Talk to fellow panelists about what we're doing for the panel in August, and prepare that.
  • Write a short article (10-15 pages) to submit in August.
  • Plan out my classes for next semester (syllabi, lesson plans, handouts, website - all of it). I had panned to do this in August.
  • Talk to someone at College Where I Learn about changing my residency status.
  • Figure out what classes I want to take in Fall. Get this - departmental advising for new grad students starts 3 days AFTER new grad students can register for classes.
  • Finish the novel I'm working on. I wrote the end - I'm very excited. Now there's just that pesky middle part to worry about.
  • Read for fun. No problem here.
  • Go swimming regularly. You wouldn't think that this would be a problem, but it is. I'm lazy.
  • Wash the dishes!!!! Seriously, this is a necessity. It would help if we had a dishwasher.
  • Wash the laundry. Much easier to do than dishes, but if I don't do it this weekend, I'll get behind. And I don't want to be behind on housework. It just turns into an obstacle if you don't keep up with it...like the dishes. Damn chores.
  • No comments: