I had forgotten how much I like socks since we've lived here. It's been ~10 months. It's not that I don't wear socks in Island State. I do, but only when I'm wearing shoes that need socks, so that means when I'm teaching or when I'm walking a lot. Otherwise I wear slippers (flip-flops, not bunny). Socks are hot. When I do wear tennis shoes and socks, I come home and immediately take off of the socks - hot feet. Yesterday however, was cool. It was overcast and drizzly, at least on my part of the island (Island State is the kind of place where it will literally only rain on one side of the street). So when I got home and took off my shoes, I left my socks on. I opened the sliding glass doors to let the breeze in and had no need to turn on the fans (usually a necessity in summer), and Husband and I watched
Pirates of the Caribbean, and I was all comfy in my fuzzy socks.
These are not my socks. I didn't feel like putting on a pair of socks to take a picture, so I found these at Knitty. If you want to knit these socks, directions are here. I do not knit.
No comments:
Post a Comment