The hermit crab died. We woke up yesterday morning and when Husband picked up the shell, (s)he fell out and didn't move. When we discovered the hermit crab, we read all about marine hermit crab care online, the biggest advice being to take the them back to the ocean. But we did what we could for the night, assuming that the hermit crab would be okay until the morning when we could take it back to the ocean. We were even going to try to get back to the same spot. So many of the stories we read online were about hermit crabs being treated much worse than ours and surviving. But (s)he didn't. It's entirely possible that the hermit crab was sick/dying anyway, but I doubt it.
I try so hard not to kill things. But sometimes I feel like a clumsy giant human who just can't help it. I end up killing things just because I'm too big or not aware. I do choose to kill things sometimes. My orchids are sick, so I have to kill whatever it is that's eating them for the orchids to survive. But I try really hard not to kill anything that isn't causing irreparable harm. sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment