Thursday, July 09, 2009

I feel much better.

My side only hurts sometimes now. But the stupid goddamnfucking headache won't go away. Husband and I think it's a muscle thing related to the rib (muscles all of a whack). It's on the back of my left side of my head. It goes down into my neck and shoulders. Any suggestions for relief? So far, massage is the only thing that makes a difference, but I can't have someone stuck to my head 24/7. That's just not practical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next time you have a massage, explore the sore spots that you will find under your scapula (shoulder blades). There will probably be 2 major sore spots. One high, and one low. If you are flexible enough you might be able to find the top one by yourself. Reach with the opposite arm and poke around under you scapula with your middle finger(or multiple fingers if they reach) until you find the sore spot. Just put pressure on it for a while. It will hurt, but if you push long enough the spot will release. You'll have to get hubby to find the lower one. The best way is to start with a little general massage of the tight muscles, then after you relax a bit try the acupressure trigger points I described. If you don't fix the trigger points the muscle will just tighten up again.

Momma

Kendra Leonard said...

I wonder if seeing a chiropractor who is also a massage therapist might help. An alignment adjustment followed by massage has worked for me when I've had pain like this.

I hope it gets better soon!