So I saw movie #6. I liked it, but I am always amazed that anyone who hasn't read the books can enjoy the movies. They leave out so much. But I was pleased that there were references to a lot of the dropped plots (just no details which I would imagine is infuriating if you don't get the references). One of the greatly reduced plots is that of Harry & the Half-Blood Prince. I'm sure if you haven't read the book, you left the theatre going, why was the movie called that? Also, it seemed like much more of a set-up for movies 7 & 8 than a movie in its own right.
And, the woman sitting behind me was a movie-talker ("something's going to happen, something's going to happen, I just know it," "who is that," etc.). She clearly enjoyed the movie--good for her. She pissed me off though.* She hadn't seen any of the other movies or read any of the books, as she asked who Mr. Weasley was at one point (and I heard her talking in the bathroom afterwards--I knew her voice she talked so much--and she said as much).
A PSA to movie-talkers: don't sit directly behind people. I know it was Harry Potter, but there were plenty of seats to choose from.
*Husband's response to this will most likely be, "Just let it go already."
My favorite Potter Puppet Pals:
No comments:
Post a Comment