Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunscreen and Sweaters

I've been a naughty girl. I napped several times this weekend and didn't accomplish anything! (Which is also why I haven't blogged in a few days.) Well, I did read the book I need to read for Tuesday night's class. And I did cross off some to do list stuff, but there is still soooooo much more to do. But I am much better rested and not tired at all, and should be able to get enough done tonight that I'll be prepared for tomorrow's classes. I'm supposed to teach rhetorical analyses, annotations, and evaluations. That's what I put on my syllabus anyway. Last week was structural analyses and editorials. All pretty straight forward. The problem is trying to break it up into TR schedule and a MWF schedule. This week just lends intself to TR. I need to look at my notes from Previous College to see how I taught annotations then.

Has anyone ever washed dishes in a single sink? I've always had a double sink, so it made washing dishes easy (wash in one sink, rinse in the other). But now we have a single sink, and the washing and rinsing is troublesome if you have a bunch of dishes. I thought about a wash tub, but I'm not sure how that would solve the problem. I'd still be running rinse water into my soapy water. Any suggestions?

Island State Oddities:
  • You can be walking down the street, with no one near by and smell sunscreen. It's just in the air.
  • People wear sweaters in 90 degree weather. I got into an elevator at College where I teach as a student in jeans, a sweater, and slippers (flip-flops) got out. Coindencently, she smelled of sunscreen.
  • The grass is very soft and spongey. It's so cool, like walking on marshmallows. It's very much like what you'd expect in a fantasy or sci-fi novel, not in real life. I love walking on it. Husband says it's too imbalanced.
  • The colors in the rainbows are distinguishable. You can actually see the difference between indigo and violet. You can also see clear beginnings and endings of the rainbows. And there are rainbows all of the time.
  • Mangoes and coconuts are sometimes laying in the street because they fell off a tree.
There's more stuff about Island State that's different, but I must go make dinner. Tonight might actually be red curry tofu with pineapple and coconut sauce night. Yay!

1 comment:

Ilnizzzah said...

This place sounds magical!