So today sucked. Nothing horrible actually happened, but lots of irritants found their way into my daily routine. Maybe it's the moon, maybe it's the weather, or perhaps it's just Tuesday (a theory developed by When Pigs Sing). Tuesdays are indeed my hardest day of the week. Behold, my normal Tuesday schedule:
6:30am: roll over beacuse Husband getting out of bed has roused, but not awaken, me
7:00am: hit snooze alarm
7:05am: hit snooze alarm
7:10am: turn off staticy alarm, wander into bathroom, pee, try not to poke my eye out putting in contacts, take pill
7:15am: lay down on couch and chat with Husband until awake enough to get in shower
7:30am: putter around
7:40am: shower
8:00am: dress, worry about clothes not being professional enough since Island State business attire is casual and I haven't figured out where the line is yet
8:15am: brush teeth (it takes 2 min since I brush my teeth very well since I can't afford regular check-ups)
8:17am: make lunch
8:20am: look for things I forgot to put in my bag the previous night, realize that I haven't eaten and am hungry
8:30am: walk to bus stop
8:40am: get on bus, provided it decides to show up
9:00am: arrive at College, visit bathroom
9:10am-1:55pm: teach, that's right, I teach for 5 hours straight on Tuesdays and Thursdays with nothing more than 2 fifteen minute breaks in which I eat my lunch
2:00pm: retrieve whatever I've left in my office
2:10pm: wait on bus
sometime between 2:10 and 2:30pm: get on bus and arrive home 20 minutes later
at home: change into shorts, finish eating lunch while checking my email
3:00pm: read whatever I need to read for class tonight, spend any extra time reading news and comics online, grading papers, paying bills, or washing dishes
5:00pm: walk to bus stop
5:25pm: wonder "Where the hell is the bus?" and wait (this is the bus that sometimes DOESN'T SHOW UP AT ALL)
5:45pm: get on goddamn late bus
6:00pm: arrive at College where I learn, walk to Husband's studio, say hello, chat, go buy coffee or soda
6:30-9:oopm: enjoy wonderful graduate class I'm taking eventhough I'm not in the program but hope to be next Fall
9:10pm: class lets out late, tell Husband all about wonderful class while walking to bus stop
9:20pm: wait on bus and have intellectual discussion with Husband
9:40pm: get on bus, provided it decides to show up
10:00pm: arrive home, make simple dinner, eat dinner, watch tv or blog
11:00pm: get ready for bed
11:15pm: lie in bed awake because too tired to sleep
sometime between 12:00 and 1:00am: fall asleep (hopefully)
This is my normal Tuesday schedule, not my crappy one. So you can imagine what crappy must be like. The teaching part is littered with entries like, 9:25am: wake up student, 9:40am: tell student to take off headphones, 10:00am: glare at student who is not writing until hole is burned into student's head or student starts writing, whichever comes first, 10:10am: wake up same sleeping student, 10:25am: muffle scream, and repeat for each class. Actually, I have to do those things on regular Tuesdays. Maybe today is just different because the stress of the semester is finally catching up with me. Oh well, tomorrow will be better since I have office hours during which I can comment on 40 narrative essay drafts to be returned Thursday, make an appointment with the human resource department, and something else very important that I cannot recall at this time but must be done tomorrow.
2 comments:
i hope your wednesday and thursday were better and i REALLY hope your friday comes out good too!
Friday I should finally get my own office, at least for the semester, so woo-hoo! And a bar downtown has $2.75 martinis during happy hour, which starts at 4 and ends much, much later on Fridays. So I can make it a good day if I need to.
Post a Comment