Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Case of the Missing Office

So, I'm supposed to get an office. I was hired as an adjunct, and so share an office with all the other adjuncts in the department. Then, I was hired full time for the semester only because I picked up 2 extra classes that no one else could take (lots more $$). This is why I'm teachng 5 classes, but am ok with it. Part of the deal is that I get to use an office so the adjunct office doesn't become "my" office since I'll be there all of time and meeting with lots of students.

Only the office they put me in was taken away and given to someone else. Back to adjunct office.

Now, I'm supposed to be able to use the office of someone who is on leave for the semester. Only there is no key. There is no record of that office with the Keeper of the Keys. The Keeper of the Keys asked, "Is there an office #___?" I said, "yes, I know it's there. There is a door." Apparently the Professor on Leave has the only key in existance. I went by and looked at that office today. There is no sign on the door. It has been removed.

The Professor on Leave does not want me to use his computer because of the research stored on it. Ok. The People who Giveth and Taketh Away Computers have a computer for me to use. Only they have no key and cannot put it in the office.

This is Week 4 of the semester.

The moral of the story: If you want your own office, remove the sign and steal all of the keys. That way no one will know that there is an office there.

No comments: