In January, I canceled two credit cards with Bank of America because THEY ARE EVIL. I only had one credit card with them, and when I called to get my ridiculously high APR changed, they opened another card in my name without my permission(!). Then they refused to change the ridiculously high APR on the old card and wouldn't do a balance transfer to the new card with the lower APR. And everyone was rude to me. So, as soon as I could, I paid the card off and canceled both cards citing poor business practices and rude customer service reps as my reason for leaving. I asked to them to send me letters stating that the cards had been canceled because I didn't trust them and wanted documentation.
Since then, I've been getting statements saying that I had a small credit to my account. Today, I got a check from BoA for $1.05. Who thinks I'll still get a statement for the canceled account next month?
That said, the people at Discover Card have always been very nice and polite to me (with pleasant chit-chat even) and given me everything I've asked for in regards to better rates, special programs, managing my account, etc. I had an identity theft issue with them early on, and they cleared it up immediately and were super nice about it. So, I like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment