Mine! In October!
Husband's mom is visiting too (in September), but that's been planned for months. She and her husband are coming to visit for his thesis show. He's an artist and will be graduating this semester. (If you know me in real life, email me if you don't get a card for his show in the next week or so). It is really great that they're coming. Can't begin to tell you what a big deal it is that they're shelling out the dough to be here for Husband's show.
Anyway, back to my mom. I'm very excited. It's a spur-of-the-moment trip because she found a half-price round-trip ticket from Home State to Here. Tickets are so expensive right now that I couldn't afford to visit Home State when Boy Cousin was married this married, and I really wanted to. I had about given up on anyone ever visiting Island State, and now two visits in two months. Now we just have to get the sisters and the best friend out here.
I talked to my mom today, and she is coming in-between the student conferences I have planned. I was unsure about some of my due dates for one of classes, but what I have planned now is perfect because it means I will be doing massive grading before she gets here and right after she leaves, but none while she's here. I was worried that the grading would be too much of a rush for me to get it all done, but now I have a reason to push through.
Speaking of pushing through. Migraines, ugh. And, I so don't want to work on my 2nd article anymore, but I have to get it done ASAP. I start taking classes next week, and start teaching classes the week after, so my time is about to no longer be my own. And, I'm prepping for exams this semester, so crazy. The class I'm taking is in one of my areas, so that at least is awesome. You can guess what a big chunk of the reading list for that area will be. And I'm attending a symposium in another area--see another reading list easily begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment