Thursday, August 21, 2008

Join the Freak Out

Apparently, people are freaking out all of the place about the new semester. And by people, I mean college-level teachers. I'm not bothering to link to anyone because it's everyone. If students knew how much stress the beginning the semester caused, they would probably drop out. I mean, if we are a mess, what hope do they have? Of course, they don't have a full week of neverending meetings of doom to attend before they can step into a classroom (or is orientation doom-ridden? I don't remember). What would happen if we just collectively decided not to attend one of those meetings? Would we still be allowed to teach?

I'm in the stage of freak out where I hit a giant brick wall with everything I try to do, get really frustrated, hurt myself beating the wall, and then give up and eat chocolate. Yesterday I exercised too, so that's good.

In other good news, one of the articles that has been killing me has been revised and sent off. It is immensely better, so yay. That still leaves another mess to fix though.

Oh, and if Hamburger Helper offers you help, for the love of god say no. Last night's dinner = ick.

2 comments:

k8 said...

I'm at the point where I feel like I should be freaking out about teaching, only I'm not teaching this semester. hmmmmm

crookedtoes said...

"Ahhhhh Freak Out! Wait, you mean upset and stressed," she said as she lowered her pointed index finger from the air.