Apparently the effect of going straight from exams to teaching two summer classes, a fast approaching MAJOR deadline, and two fast approaching minor deadlines means that you don't have time to chill out.* Which means that all that stress I generated for exams? Yeah, it's been transferred to my classes and major deadline. It's not helping. Thank god July will be here soon and I will be done with all this shit for almost two whole months. I'll start working at the end of August for the beginning of classes in September, but I'm taking a well-deserved six-week break this summer where I read, and garden, and beach, and snorkel, and hike, and purge, and organize, and basically get myself back into a situation where I feel centered and like I'm not just bouncing from deadline to deadline and that things (as in actual material stuff--papers, books, clothes) are in places where I want them and not in a functional mess.
*Literally. I started working on my classes the day I passed exams. But, I have taken the weekends off. I'm just putting in 10-hours every other freaking day.
No comments:
Post a Comment