Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Facebook is weird

I've noticed this week that I've started to think about myself in third-person, most definitely because of trying to come up with amusing Facebook status reports (so far, no professional "friends," just childhood friends and adult friends I don't get to see often).

  • Tree of Knowledge needs to be reminded that she hasn't started her diss yet.
  • Tree of Knowledge is sooooooo close to being able to send off the manuscript for the collection she's co-editing.
  • Tree of Knowledge needs to get her ass in gear and revise her paper for said collection so she can send the damn book off (I'm the last one to finish my essay--boo!)
  • Tree of Knowledge is going to read Twilight because it seems like the thing to do.
  • Tree of Knowledge is on Facebook.
  • etc., etc., etc.
I haven't narrated my life since I was a teenager. Who knew Facebook would turn me back into a narcissist? Will it make me moody too?

To be fair, I like Facebook, but I only check it once a day at most, and usually just take quizzes when I can't think of a witty update. I don't see the point in posting about sitting at the computer and being tired. That's what my blog is for! ;)

3 comments:

Kendra Leonard said...

It is weird, isn't it? I spent way too much time trying to come up with interesting or clever things when I first got on, but now I'm rather prosaic and boring. But so are most of my friends, so I'm not too bothered. Email me at caennen at gmail dot com if you want to "friend up"!

Anonymous said...

Status messages were my favorite things about facebook. It is really the only thing I miss about it. Here are a few of my favorites
...is rockin' it out to the spankin' new NKOTB CD. Don't hate.
...is basking in the Globama.
...luvin' her boo.
...hoping her baby Nemo's don't get eaten by momma Nemo.
...cleaning up poo.
Wow that says a lot about me, doesn't it. Scary.
-sis

Tree of Knowledge said...

Sis, I really like "is basking in the Globama."