Thursday, June 11, 2009

Too Much Mystery

Tuesday evening I went down to the basement in my office building. The suite of offices where my mailbox and the copier is was locked up, lights out. So, I went in, turned on the lights, and got my copies started. While they were running I decided to use the bathroom in the suite; it's off a storage room. So I open the storage room door and the bathroom door, which is kept open unless in use, was closed. My first thought was, "there's a dead body in there."

Seriously. I thought that and had actually braced myself for blood before I realized what I was thinking. There was no body in the bathroom, so I think I've been reading and watching too many mysteries. I have no reason to be expecting to find dead bodies around the corner.

3 comments:

Kendra Leonard said...

That's too funny! I have done the same thing, especially when I've been reading a bunch of mysteries/thrillers. I just KNOW there's something unpleasant in my bathtub or around the corner under the bushes.

Anonymous said...

Very well written entry. You had me from the very first sentence; and I immediately had an anticipatory knot in my stomach. I laughed out loud when I got to the end. You should use this scene in a novel some day.
-Momma

Anonymous said...

Closed bathroom doors in my house means that there is a mischievous two year old on the other side waiting to yell, "BOO!"
-sister