Facebook is weird. Knowing what your elementary schools friends are doing twenty-something years later is weird. And kinda sad when you remember their childhood dreams that seem to to be unfulfilled. But I guess they think the same about me.
A PhD in lit? what the hell? Wasn't she going to be an astronaut?
I'm tall enough to be an astronaut. I thought for years that I was too short, but turns out I am just barely tall enough. Unfortunately, I think the motion sickness would do me in. I was also going to be an archaeologist, a paleontologist, and a detective. Not all at once mind you. Notice a trend? I like to investigate, work hard, and discover stuff.
Also, it's weird to have two web presences with different identities. This is where I liken myself to a superhero. But which is my alter-ego?
When you don't eat all day, you get a headache.
I'm hot.
As in, "it's hot here," not "I'm super sexy."
Does anyone know a good book on growing orchids? Ours all have babies, and I want them to live damnit!
Well, not the dead one. It has no babies, but it still sits on the tray with the live ones. Has for several months. I don't want to throw it away as we have had orchids miraculously resurrect before.
I know very little about caring for plats. I need ones that can be neglected. Who knew orchids thrived on neglect and mist?
2 comments:
It is very weird. I had avoided almost all high school contacts on fb until a few months ago when my sister joined. Suddenly, she was befriending people who know people from my class or who were in my class, and they then saw fit to try to friend me.
It's ok - I accept the requests - but it is weird to get them from people who were pretty nasty to me back then. Half the reason I accept them is b/c if I don't, my sister (who was a "queen bee-type" and was the type to be nasty to others) thinks I'm the one being a jerk and a snob ('cause that's what grad school does to you). I decided that I just don't need to hear it from her. Actually, I think it was when my family started to join fb that it radically changed for me (and not necessarily for the better). I'm more aware of what I post now that teenage relatives can see it. /rant
btw, my verification word is "scone"!
I responded to your post on my blog.
Post a Comment