The banes of my existence: two things I can't live without, but wish I could.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I Get it Now
I read Twilight. It is ridiculous in more ways than is worth listing here, I laughed out loud at a few parts that I know aren't supposed to be funny, I think Bella and Edward are both assholes, and the misogyny is infuriating. But as the whole premise of the book (and I'm assuming the series) is the sexual anticipation that accompanies having a crush or the beginning of falling in love--you know, the tingly part--I certainly enjoyed reading the damn thing. My brain said "no," but I turned the pages anyway. They must be laced with crack. I was given the first two books yesterday. So I'll at least read New Moon too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep, that's pretty much how I felt when I read the books too. And now I own them all. Glad to hear I'm not alone :)
Post a Comment