Friday, March 06, 2009

I've been memed!

or, rather tagged. Undine tagged me for the influential writers meme.

The rules: List 25 authors who have influenced you; then tag 25 peeps, uh people. That's it. They don't have to be important writers or favorite writers, just influential ones.

In no particular order,
  1. Hans Christian Andersen (whose name I always spell wrong and have to check)
  2. Tom Robbins
  3. F. Scott Fitzgerald
  4. Carolyn Keene (or, you know, the Stratemeyer Syndicate)
  5. Jane Austen
  6. Judith Butler
  7. C.S. Lewis
  8. Patricia McKillip
  9. Lee Smith
  10. Nick Bantock
  11. Judith Halberstam
  12. J.R.R. Tolkien
  13. William Goldman
  14. Dr. Seuss
  15. Zora Neale Hurston
  16. Alice Walker
  17. Susan Douglas
  18. Marion Zimmer Bradley
  19. Ernest Hemingway
  20. Douglas Adams
  21. W.B. Yeats
  22. Lord Byron
  23. William Hazlitt
  24. Williams Blake
  25. Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
This was so hard! I kept thinking of writers I like, not those that influenced me. And by the time I got going, I already had 25.

Now, for tags. Actually I started listing people from my blog roll, and embedding links is time consuming and I'm lazy, so I gave up. Undine is a far a better blogger than I. So, I tag you. Yes, you. Don't look over your shoulder like there's someone else standing there. If you're reading this, then tag--you're it!

No comments: