Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I turned 31. It was a pretty nice birthday. Husband and I went whale watching today. We saw a momma humpback and her calf, and the blow from some other whales. There were also flying fish and a green sea turtle near by. The whales didn't breach or do anything spectacular. We really just saw them breathing--blow, blowhole, dorsal fin, and back. But still, way cool. omg--whale! They are huge.

Then I bought a new pair of tennis shoes and came home and napped. Who knew that whale watching would be exhausting? Though I imagine the Dramamine had a lot to do with me being tired. Husband went on a grocery store run, and when he got back, we made fried faux chicken, biscuits, gravy, mashed potatoes, and peas for dinner. And he brought back chocolate cake.

We tried playing a computer game, but it decided that it hated us--the screen went blue, and the character won't move. So we're locked up, and when I went to start over from a saved position, the game crashed. Buggy piece of crap.

Now the fun begins. I use my birthday as an excuse to buy new t-shirts and books. The rest of the year I try to be very good and only buy what I need. But for my birthday, I splurge.

2 comments:

crookedtoes said...

You had mammaw-lunch on your Bday! Yay! Happy Bday!

k8 said...

Happy belated birthday!