Monday, March 20, 2006

Teaching Woes

I'm tired. Spring break isn't until next week. Ugh. I collected essays today because I pushed back due dates by one week because my students were "too busy to do the work." I was ok with pushing them back, not realizing at the time that this means that I have to read them all this week, or over Spring Break.

I have one "good" class on MWF - they interact, ask questions, read, stay awake and pay attention, help eachother, and do the work in class. I have one "bad" class - they look perpetually bored (which makes it difficult to teach), they try to change the topic when I ask for questions in order to solve a problem that they could have easily looked the answer up to themselves, they don't stay on task in group work, they complain about the class in group work, and all-in-all have a "I don't want to be here. God, this is sooooo stupid" attitude. So guess which class only had half of the students turn in essays? The good class.

...3 days until my birthday!

No comments: