The second is to the Coca-Cola company, and I submit it for your reading pleasure. I will revise it somewhat before sending it.
Dear Coca-Cola,
What the hell is wrong with you? On February 10th I read an AFP article from Yahoo! News entitled, Bottled water, a natural resource taxing the world's ecosystem. A short paragraph at the end caught my attention:
The study warned that the rapid growth in the industry has also ironically led to water shortages in some areas, including India where bottling of Dasani water and other drinks by the Coca-Cola company has caused shortages in more than 50 villages.It was easy to ignore the allegations of unethical business practices and ecological havoc-wrecking in favor of the refreshing taste of Coke when the allegations came from sources like the Stop Killer Coke campaign, CorpWatch, and countless environmental groups. I had to SEEK OUT those sources. But no more, now the sources come to me, via Yahoo! News. I can't ignore the allegations.
I read your response to some of the allegations at your website, but I am not satisfied. The information is outdated, and you only mention two sources. To be fair, The organizations alleging unfair and unethical practices don't provide the necessary information to check their research and sources either.
But until I can be sure of the situation, I will do something I have never done before--refuse to buy and drink any and all Coca-Cola products. For someone who bought an average of one 20 oz. Coke product a day, plus the occasional 2-liter, this is not an easy change. I have always been fiercely loyal to your product and defended it against Pepsi, but I can't do that in good conscience anymore.
Until I can be assured of your safe practices, I will boycott your products and urge others to do the same.
Sincerely,
Angry Former Coke Drinker
I don't think it's angry enough. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment