- I will get 8 hours of sleep every night. I have discovered that I need 8-9 hours of sleep to be alert and happy. I have had far more to do this week than any other so far, but slept plenty Thursday and Friday night and haven't been nearly as stressed as I was before. I grade papers much faster and am much more capable of handling stress in a healthy way when I am well rested.
- Saturdays are for me and Husband - no work, no school, no boring responsible stuff. I will goof off. I will read. I will watch tv and/or movies. I will go to the beach and/or park and basically spend the day having fun with Husband. I cannot work all of the time; it just makes me miserable.
- I will not, not I tell you, accept any more late papers. My syllabus says "NO," but my heart, my heart says "yes" when I hear the pitiful excuses. But no more. I will create a masterful revision handout students can use for feedback on drafts (from other people mind you). I will be available to read any essay during office hours. I will allow students to turn in final drafts the day before an assignment is due (who wouldn't allow this anyway?). I will allow students to turn in final essays the day after an assignment is due ONLY in emergency situations (I have had 2 students miss class because of going to the emergency room already). I will not, NOT I tell you, accept any more late papers.
The banes of my existence: two things I can't live without, but wish I could.
Saturday, October 15, 2005
Decisions, decisions
I have made three decisions which should allow me to successfully complete this semester with my brain intact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't do it! Stick to your guns!
Post a Comment