Monday, January 27, 2014

Laundry on the Tardis

We have established that I am more of a David Tennant fan than a Doctor Who fan, yes? We're up to Doctor 12 now, and I still haven't watched any of 11 because the doctor died and isn't that a shame the series ended, no?

Now that that has been established, The Mary Sue has a post up about Capaldi's outfit. And so now I'm curious. Does the Tardis have a washing machine? Because the Doctor almost never changes clothes, I could almost buy that his outfit is part of his regenerated body. (Because he does sometimes wear something else makes this difficult, which is why I say almost). But the companions also wear the same outfits a lot. They get more frequent costume changes, but they are less frequent than they should be for people who get covered in stinky goo sometimes (and grease and dirt and mud and alien parts). And if it does have a washing machine, does it come with a robe for companions to wear when everything is in the wash? The inside of the Tardis isn't really clean enough to posit that it self-cleans everything inside in an environmentally-friendly, non-toxic way. Is there a sonic shower?

No comments: