Monday, January 20, 2014

Facebook Free

I'm very glad to be off Facebook. Someone, my sister maybe, suggested that I deactivate instead of delete in case I changed my mind. I did that, and eventually I'll go back and delete it because I don't miss Facebook at all. The only thing I miss is updates from Tonks/kel who stopped blogging (if you have not stopped blogging, I need an address, yo).

This announcement of my happiness at being Facebook free is brought to you by others' Facebook misery. I read r/babybumps on reddit, and apparently many pregnant women have to deal with FB drama from friends and family that don't understand privacy or how to give advice. I feel bad for them and am glad I have don't have to deal with that.

Speaking of advice, the post below asks for cloth diapering advice if you have any.

And speaking of advice and my sister, her advice has been sane. She has also been great in giving me useful baby stuff they still had. We brought back a pack and play.

Have I mentioned that we live in a one-bedroom apartment? That means we have to say no to things that would be nice but aren't necessary. Sis has been good at drawing that line when I'm in doubt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left facebook for a year and didn't miss it. I went back and now have hidden so many people from my feed that it's a boring string of posts from maybe three people. Lame. I'll delete soon. Maybe. A few people never seem to email or use twitter, so I'm stuck on fb to find them and get their messages.

I'll go see what I can offer on the cloth diapering question. We had a lovely time of it.

Carrie said...

Congratulations!!!! I have not been reading my blog feed at all because I just don't have a lot of time these days. I'm so excited for you!

Cloth diapering advice. . . I better go read the post to see your specific questions.

tonkelu said...

I miss you on FB very much and- AND- you missed some big fun on Thursday wherein I threw down with the Governor of Kansas.

Bump pictures, please.

I'll blog again...but what on earth do I have to say?