Thursday, February 06, 2014

Publicly Pregnant

I am obviously pregnant. You can tell by looking, but I was still surprised yesterday when two people I barely know stopped me to congratulate me and ask about the pregnancy. One person I didn't even recognize, though I think I know who she is after she introduced herself, but I'm not sure. She says we've met before. She called me by name. I guess I believe her.

Yesterday was the first day I lost my balance because of my pregnant belly. I was trying to get to an open window seat on the bus. The lady in the aisle seat swung her legs around instead of getting up or moving over. My belly was too big to slide by her and I fell on her.

There was also a moment yesterday when I saw a binder clip on the floor and thought to myself, I don't need that. Someone else can have it. That was the first time I have decided not to pick something up off the floor because it required bending over. I did pick up a goldfish cracker off the floor yesterday, so it's not like I couldn't. It just wasn't worth it.

That feels like a lot of pregnancy firsts for one day.

Edited to add: I forgot one! A student said she was amazed that I haven't been taking pee breaks during class.

No comments: