A student emailed me Friday evening asking two questions, one stupid and one irritating. The first one is stupid because in the email, ze quotes the first half of a sentence from an assignment sheet. The answer to hir question is in the half of the sentence ze did not quote. This leads me to believe that ze did not actually read the assignment sheet. The other question is irritating because it basically asks, why doesn't one of your course policies say what I want it to say instead of what it actually says? Ze quotes the policy, showing that ze has read it, and then asks me to explain it again because ze doesn't understand why it isn't something else.
I have not responded to this email because I have yet to formulate a non-snarky response. I am going to attempt it now. Wish me luck.
Update: Husband says my response is not at all snarky. Success! Waiting a day helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment