Saturday, September 03, 2011

Some Random Bullets

  • I did not make fabulous syllabi this week. Between the migraines (every day) and the meetings (almost every day), I just didn't have time. But I'm teaching a new class next semester, so I'll use that syllabus as my fabulous guinea pig since I have to start from scratch anyway. Expect a post later in the semester for book suggestions.
  • I submitted an abstract to the first of the conferences I want to attend.
  • This morning Husband and I (mostly Husband) made awesome oatmeal for breakfast. Ingredients: rolled oats, buckwheat groats, quinoa, chopped almonds, frozen cranberries, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Add brown sugar when serving. We throw everything in the rice cooker so it's super easy. And so good. And beacuse of the cranberries, it's pink.
  • I didn't like the trees in the last background, but I'm not exactly sure why. So we're trying out some different trees. Any thoughts? Are these trees less looming?

2 comments:

crookedtoes said...

These trees remind my of "Creepy Hollow."

Anonymous said...

I think the tree are much better . . . calmer, and refreshing!
Momma