Friday, September 02, 2011

Future VP

I decided at some point last semester that one day, I want to be an academic VP. Why? Because apparently only high-up administrators get to make real decisions. My first order of business: Spread the all-day fucking meeting out over the whole week! I hate that day. The whole week sucks as it is super busy, but the all-day meeting is the worst part. I know some schools have a whole week like this, and you have my pity if you teach at one of those. At the very least, it makes me say something like this: thank god classes start next week.

3 comments:

caroline said...

We have the whole week filled with meetings at my school - before EACH semester. So a total of 2 weeks each year. CRAZY. Luckily, our VP made a decision to only do this one special all-campus type meeting once a year, instead of twice. Everyone cheered. Mainly he did this to make room for us to have other meetings to take its place, though.

Anonymous said...

If you're going to be a VP, can you GET RID OF THE MEETING altogether?

I mean seriously, what's it for? What happens at that stupid meeting that can't be done by email these days? Even the ADA training could be done via computer & quizzes.

(Me, delagar)

Tree of Knowledge said...

You're right, delager. There is nothing done at our meeting that couldn't be done online. Some semesters there is an issue that needs to be discussed before voting on at the college meeting or faculty assembly portion, but there's no reason that has to happen on that day.

Here ye, here ye! The university of the future will not fill up the week before the semester begins with meetings.