I have been informed by my university that I must now take an online course about discrimination and harassment. I haven't done anything; this is a uni-wide mandate for compliance. My dean has already made a joke about it that skirts being sexist. I am conflicted.
My uni has made some oddly timed decisions in terms of changing both physical and online uni presences right before classes start; I am expecting things to fall apart next week uni-wide. It should be . . . interesting.
I, however, am all set up for classes. My course is all up on our course-management system (which is the devil online): syllabus, all major assignments for the semester, lots of info and links--the works. I have prepped for next week and got shit in order. I left some organizing, cleaning out files things to do next week so I'll have something to do if hell does not break loose, as I am expecting it to.
I also made a list of long-term organizational goals. All things that I can do a little at a time. These are things that need to be done before I move back to the mainland, which won't be for 2 years at the earliest, but this way I'm not loaded down with crap to deal with while we move. And I feel spun out of control in terms of being organized, so this will help me reign myself back in. Plus, it would be painful to go through years of files all at once anyway.
Have I left out any of the standard cliched phrases for impending doom? I think I hit most of them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment