- I was reading a really interesting new blog, but had to stop midway through the post because it was white text on a black background. The text started to swirl and I got very dizzy and felt like I was about to pass out, to the point of tunnel vision. I'm still seeing faint lines of text in my field of vision, but I'm feeling much better now. All I had to do was stop reading and look away. Someone's blog literally made me sick.
- Freshman anxiety is catching.
- Apparently I'm going to have to read the new Jonathan Franzen book to find out why it's so awesome. Although I couldn't really care less and have never had any desire to read Franzen. I really don't even know who he is. I just want to be part of the in-crowd.
- For the first time in five years the first week of classes did not coincide with my period. Thank you doctors for thinking that taking the pill for three months at a time was a good idea.
- Freshmen have lots of anxiety.
- Someone has been coming onto our patio at night and trying to steal our stuff. The gate is street side and didn't come with a lock because the electric meters and phone box for the apartment complex are on our patio. Husband had a bike stolen awhile back, but we just thought it was a fluke because he forgot to lock the bike that night. Now we've discovered that someone has tried to cut through one of the bike locks. We've put another bike lock on the gate to keep it locked at night, but damn. I hate feeling vulnerable. And I can't go to bed without Husband here now because our back door is an inside door (weak), and I have an active imagination. We will get a long-term fix though (which includes a proper door). We need to talk to the landlady, who is going out of town soon.
- Don't worry, Momma.
- Bad guys, stay away!
- I'm enjoying Bones on Netflix. I didn't think I would, but I like the doc, except when the writers throw on the Hollywood endings that undercut the feminism and social critiques.
- Did I mention the crazy freshman anxiety? And how it's catching?
- I ran out of time to do Monday's plans today, so I have to go in early Monday to do them.
- I'm on a 5-day schedule this semester. Diss work at home, early lunch, bus it, classes early afternoon, administrata and prep late afternoon, bus it, dinner, fun time.
- I did have migraines this week, but that's to be expected. Weird sleep schedule plus the freshman anxiety plague. And I missed a dose of my migraine pill, which seems to result in a migraine the next day.
The banes of my existence: two things I can't live without, but wish I could.
Friday, September 10, 2010
First Week Bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate the white print on a dark background, too, and can't read it. Some of my students have used PURPLE on black, which is completely impossible to read.
Thanks for thinking of my worry. It helped just a bit. My stomach still burns a bit though. Talk to the landlady soon!
Post a Comment