I'm tired and I'm a disorganized mess it seems. I went to my office this morning to finalize and post syllabi (we start in about a week; never-ending week of meetings is next week). My computer, however, was too slow to actually do anything. I called IT and will most likely have my computer back tomorrow. I don't know what's wrong with it, but they remote accessed it, locked it down, and haven't spoken to me since. My chair got a random IT email though and assumes that it refers to me, so that's where I get "tomorrow" from. I was able to use a colleague's computer to tweak my syllabi, but I'm not posting them until I have access to my files.
So I went to the library (Stephanie Plum 16!!), came home, and decided to organize some of my computer files at home. I sort of let things go during exams and prospectus, so I knew I had a mess. Holy hell. Apparently I've never been as organized as I thought. I have backup files saved everywhere. I do not need 8 copies of everything in random places. It is a mess. But, I got all of my files from the book moved to one jump drive and all duplicates have been deleted. So, one down, a million to go.
The Niece is doing very well, by the way. She's still recovering super fast.
1 comment:
Your IT department sounds like my IT department.
Glad to hear about the Niece!
Post a Comment