The banes of my existence: two things I can't live without, but wish I could.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
a clever title goes here
Where have I been since last Monday's post? In pain. Major migraines people. Sucks. I've been emailing my doctor about changing my pain meds. We're trying Frova next. And the preventative that was working so great when I started it? We've doubled the dosage. I've only been on the new dosage a week, but the doc is thinking I may need a different one instead. Le sigh. I am currently all drugged up, and am going to bed early, but I wanted to blog. I like blogging and miss it when I don't do it. That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry about your migraines. I have them too--I know what it's like to find drugs that work. Good luck.
Frova is the drug that works for me. I've only had one or two killer migraines in the five years I've been on it. (I used to have migraines that would put me in bed & vomited every 2-3 weeks for 3-5 days at a stretch.)
dleager--That's great to hear. Do you take it as an abortive? I know it can be used short term as a preventative too. I'm a little worried because I know it takes longer to take effect (as long as 3 hours)--have you had any problems with it?
I take it as an abortive. Generally it works within 15-20 minutes. Occasionally (like today) I have to take a second dose. Almost always the second dose works if the first doesn't. By occasionally I mean three or four times a year.
Only once or twice a year has the second dose not done it. As for problems, not so far.
I'm taking Topomax also, daily, as a preventative. This is an off-label use, I think my neurologist said. I think Topomax is meant to do something else -- I forget what, though. (Those of us who take Topomax call it Dopomax, because it makes us forget items frequently. But only short term! So that's good. Except when it's items like which one is the gas pedal. That happened to me once.)
I was on Topomax. I cried the whole time and couldn't make any decisions. Husband had to literally shake me and say "this is not normal for you" before I realized that it was the meds making me crazy.
What you say about Frova sounds good. I know it's just a matter of finding the right combo, but it's good to hear success stories.
Post a Comment