Friday, December 29, 2006

Another in a Series of Obligatory and Boring Posts

I had a migraine this afternoon (again) and took a nap. So I'm awake now, but the meds make it hard to concentrate, which means that working on the article is kinda out. So I made a schedule for next semester. I gave myself Saturdays off, but that means that I have to work either as a student or a teacher all day Sunday and every evening. But I've also given myself a half hour every weekday for non-academic writing. It's not much, but it'll be a nice break in the middle of the day.

I try not to do schedules like this because I don't give myself enough flexibility, and then they fail and I feel like a loser. But this time I'm using big blocks of time that are kinda vague (whatever I need to work on) and a few chunks of specific time for boring tasks that I tend to put off (grading). I've put grading at the beginning of the week too, so I'll be grading assignments as soon as I collect them. I'm also going to get as much planning and handouts finished in the first few weeks as possible since I'll have little grading then. I just don't want to get behind again.

I also made a list of goals inspired by (and partially appropriated from) profgrrrrl's "things I have learned to do better this semester" post (which I can't find to link too). I read them last month and thought, "hey, I wanna be able to finish things too." Most of the goals are about being reasonable when making goals and plans.

No comments: