Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I’ve made a version of the same resolution for the past few years: Be less stressed. I like this because it’s vague enough that if I try one thing and it doesn’t work, I can change my methods of being less stressed without blowing my resolution. Part of this is being a better manager of my time—work smarter not harder, I guess. I made a list of goals about being reasonable. It’s working; I do seem to be less stressed than in previous years.

Another resolution is to not drink soda unless it has alcohol in it. Basically, I want to not drink drinks that come in cans or bottles. We took our cans and bottles to the recycling center before Christmas, and I was a bit disgusted by the amount of unnecessary trash we had accumulated. It will be better for me and the environment if I consume less soda. So it’s coffee, tea, and water for me. (Soda in a glass is okay, but I really only do that when I’m having rum and coke.)

I would of course like to be in better shape, lose a bit of weight, but I’m not making this a resolution because I don’t know when I can fit exercise in to my oh-so-busy schedule. So it’s a bonus goal, extra credit of you will, not a resolution.

No comments: