Monday, August 28, 2006

A Corner of a Room of My Own

Finally, after a YEAR of bizarre antics, I have an office. I unpacked today and am woefully low on books. I do believe my bookshelf might attack me by throwing books at my head while I work (books on top shelves, stacks of papers on bottom shelves until I get hanger-rack-thingies for my file cabinet). I might have to rethink my shelving. Maybe I should take all of my Nancy Drew books to my office. That's still way too few.

At College-where-I-teach, departments are not housed together. You may be lucky enough to be around other people in your department, but basically, you're just happy to have a desk and so keep your mouth shut. I share my office with a very nice and fun math teacher, who is also chair of her department. Why she has to share with me I don't know, but at least I'm a very low maintenance roomie.

She has more books than me.

Ooh ooh--I have a brand new computer with a flat screen monitor!

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Maybe your officemate could put some of her books on your shelf so that yours looks fuller?