Tuesday, August 22, 2006

In Which Tree Is Banished to the Land Without Computers

I'm going to have to go to school earlier than planned because I am obsessively checking my email. Today is the first day of class for me, Tree the Student. I have class at 3pm. Tree the teacher starts class in Sept., and I am excessively, obsessively checking my teacher email to find out where my new office will be. I've been asking about it for, oh, two weeks now.

My excessive, obsessive email checking is resulting in no syllabi work getting done, so I must go to a land without computers. (See, I'm trying to read the textbook before I put together my schedule, even though all freshman texts in my discipline are basically the same. I need to figure out where important sections are so I can schedule them accordingly. It's really boring. I didn't make this book change; the dept. did. I didn't have to use the new book, but why not? Supposedly it's better than the old one. Right now though, not so much. I think the new program chair may be trying to establish authority by making meaningless changes. Oh, did I put that in print, to be archived in cyberspace forever? I guess I did.)

But I'll eat lunch first. I had sugar for breakfast again.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

I totally understand your obsessive email checking. I do this, plus check my myspace page, about a zillion times a day.