I hate clothes - I mean nice, semi-dressy clothes that just don't look right with slippers/flip-flops or sneakers. Cause when I have to wear them, I have no shoes to wear. Grrr. I don't own dress shoes - this is not an exaggeration. They're uncomfortable, so I don't buy them.
I am trying to pick out two nice outfits for when we're in New York. We found clothes that work, but shoes...shoes!!
Husband is trying to convince me that the nice, new, bowling shoe/sneaker type shoes look okay with my nice, but not dressy, knee-length pencil skirt. It's that or old, clunky sandals, which Husband says look dumpy. The nice, new, bowling shoe/sneaker type shoes look okay with another skirt that's a little flared, but not as nice. With that skirt I think they look cool and funky, esp. when paired with a t-shirt. I like to mix very femme (both skirts have girly-girl things about them) with boyish or casual. I like nice skirts with sneakers and/or t-shirts. But I'm wiggin' out about this particular combo. The shoes are brown and cream - I'm thinking' too cream.
But as Husband keeps pointing out, there is cream in the skirt - and the same brown, and it's a nice skirt, not a dressy skirt, so I don't need dressy shoes, but I shouldn't wear the dumpy sandals 'cause they're not nice enough for the skirt, and rock stars and actors, who don't have special fashion super powers, wear combos like this all the time, so its okay. It's all attitude. The shoes are not perfect, but they don't suck. They're okay. Okay is good.
Husband accepts that I'm having trouble coming to terms with these shoes. But really, it's either that or buy new shoes, which I so don't want to do. I'm not even going to explain why a different outfit is out of the question, but it has something to do with the piles of tried-on-but-rejected clothes on my floor and on my bed.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment