Thursday, November 10, 2005

Update Update

I set myself an inhuman task - to grade 90 essays in three (3) days. This is on top of my regular duties: teaching 5 classes, class prep & planning, taking one class (for which I read a book in these 3 days), office hours, and dishes/laundry/saying hello to Husband.

I managed to grade 55 of said essays and complete all of my teaching and class taking duties. I didn't do the laundry and Husband took control of the dishes, for which I said "thank you" in addition to "hello."

I lost two (2) hours of grading on Wed. due to two (2) hour long student conferences. One student is brillant, and I totally enjoyed talking about her paper; the other's life is falling apart. The real world sucks.

I am back up to 60 essays to grade. However, this is a three-day weekend. I have parsed out the essays in a seemingly reasonable fashion, starting with 11 to grade tonight.

So this is where I've been. I've allowed myself to read other blogs, but no commenting, no posting, just grading, until now.

Randomness: It is so cool to walk home under a rainbow almost every single day. Have I mentioned that I live in Island State?

No comments: