I am listening to BBC7. Why don't we have anything like this is the US? I'm super excited about the mysteries. Husband and I have been listening to them for a couple of years.
Super is my new adjective. I keep using it. Don't know why.
This is turning into a mindless blog. I think all of my good ideas are sucked out with my energy.
So a word about other blogs, I read all of the blogs on my Links list daily. I need to set up a blogroll I think because I read a few more regularly, but those are the ones I read everyday. (So yes Vickie, you should feel guilty for not posting lately.) So this is why I like about these blogs:
The Congruous Vacuum: He doesn't post often enough, but Shakabusatsu has very intellectual and interesting posts - theories about how the world works that require deeper thinking. I like a challenge.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious: Vickie is a very free sort of person and her blog reflects that (when she posts). She tells a good story, and can make anything into an adventure. There's a level of excitement in everything she writes that just makes for a positive mood swing.
Ilnizzzah's Blog-o-sphere: An amazing writer. Very honest. Another teacher I can borrow ideas from. Ilnizzzah and I have very similar lives (except the pregnancy thing) and reading her blog is sometimes like reading my own thoughts and worries - spooky and comforting.
The Pig's Tales: Funny, very, very funny. A must for winding down at the end of the day. Pigs really does have a great sense of humor, and can tell an awesome story. She also seems to be a kick ass writing teacher. Eventually, I will email her and borrow writing teaching ideas.
Office Hours: I worry about being a professor mom one day. Mommy Prof is a reassurance to me that it is totally possible. I like the way she splits her roles on her blog on some days and doesn't on others - a reflection of reality I guess. There's a very personal feel here, like she's talking to a friend.
The Chronicles of Dr. Crazy: I dig writing teacher blogs, and academic blogs. It's nice to hear my worries/problems with teaching coming out on Dr. Crazy's blog. Only she is more articulate than I am and has her writing teacher shit together, whereas I'm still working on that. I learn from her. And it helps to know that the procrastinating/hating grading thing isn't just me.
Bitch Ph.D.: What can I say about Bitch Ph. D.? She's brilliant, even when I disagree with her. I admire her overwhelming knowledge about so much stuff and her courage to post her opinions. I am constantly reminded that I don't read enough news when I'm at her blog. And, I appreciate the fact that she has created such a strong community on her blog that her comments threads can run into the hundreds, and that her regulars support her when she needs it (but doesn't ask).
Cousin Eddie in da Hizz-ouse!: Another funny one. Very casual and friendly. I feel like I'm back in East Coast State on Cousin Eddie's blog - good East Coast State, not scary East Coast State. I'm not sure what the previous sentence means, but I feel welcome at her blog. And that's important.
Cynical Professor: Well, Dr. C's blog got sorta born again. So there isn't much in the way of archives to back me up here, but I just dig the academic blog. I need to know that other teachers deal with the same stuff as me. I get that from her blog. Only she's more articulate about this stuff. And being cynical is fun.
So see what I mean about no good ideas? I'm reviewing blogs. So I don't comment on these blogs, or any blogs, often. Mainly because I don't comment unless I have something new or productive to add to the converstaion. (Yeah, I'm using up my quota of sentence fragments in this post.) I'm shy, even virtually. But I enjoy reading the blogs because they're funny, I can relate, and I like to learn. Feels bizarre to create your own community, but I think that's what blogging lets you do, which is why it's cool. Am I rambling at this point? I feel like a zombie.
1 comment:
Ooooh thanks for some new blogs to check out:)
Post a Comment