So I figured out why the lid to the detergent dispenser doesn't open during the wash cycle on my dishwasher. The bottom rack blocks it. So either it's a horrible design flaw or these are not not the original racks. So dishwasher users, if I just fill the cup and don't close the lid, should I still fill the prewash cup?
And while I'm asking the internet for advice, I have a feather pillow that has a really dusty smell. Airing out didn't work. Washing machine? I read how to do it online (oh the drying takes forever!), but I'm not sure it's worth it.
In other news, I unpacked some more boxes and did more chores this weekend. I also wrote a draft for a conference abstract. It's not quite right, so I need to redo it before I go to bed tonight.
I have mint Milano cookies.
So I've been playing Ravenwood Fair on Facebook. It's just a stupid FB game, but those are good for brain-dead times. (And I cannot, for the life of me bring myself to play Dragon Age right now. I want to, but something stops me every time. I'm guessing it's just too linked to my diss in my brain, and since I took a diss break to deal with moving and unpacking, I haven't "earned" the game. This is the problem with reward systems. This abstract is making me want to work though. It's part of the last chapter I have to draft.) Anyway, these little critter visitors come to the fair and spend money. Sometimes they go into the woods and get scared, and you have to comfort them. But I wish there was a button to click that told them to stay out of the damn woods if it scares them! Stupid little critters.
Speaking of games, did you see the preview of the World of Warcraft expansion? I'm not interested in playing it anymore because it's just boring after awhile, but man, this new expansion is goofy--Kung Fu Panda meets WoW. I really hope it's some Blizzard troll. It seems to be aimed at kids, so if it's real, my theory is they decided to target the audience that isn't already leaving the game. Husband sent me a link to Guild Wars 2 as an alternative. Now that looks like a fun game. But my heart beats for Skyrim (19 days away), which I cannot play because my computer won't support it. This computer I am typing on was purchased specifically to play Oblivion (Skyrim's predecessor), so I will be upgrading when the diss is done. Oh yes, I will. And I am telling you this, dear Internets, because none of my FB friends are gamers and I'm not prepared to whine about games on reddit (though that does seem to be the appropriate forum).
1 comment:
My dishwasher does the same thing. I just dump detergent into the cup, ignoring the prewash, leave it open, and wash. Works fine so far.
Post a Comment