Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Just biding my time

I am looking forward to the end of the semester because I am excited about doing things--Christmas tree decorating, the last of unpacking, playing WoW, revamping some classes to be nicer to me, and working on my diss. The last two are the most important. I am not going to get my diss done unless I change the way I teach for the next year. I'm hoping that in doing this, I will streamline the classes so that they are more functional too, not just less work. And because I have my department behind me, I don't feel guilty about making the changes. So that is all kinds of yay! And I have awesome supporters in the dept. who stop me if I do something that drops my diss to below my top priority (for next semester; I gave up on this one a month ago which I think has helped with the bad moods and stress). I think I'm going to get it done, people. In a year. I feel good about it. This is such an odd feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lack of stress feels odd to me too. That good optimistic feeling doesn't happen often enough for me either.
:-)
Momma