I've been a bad blogger. Mainly because I feel bad about whining all of the time on my blog. Who wants to read that? I used to be funny, but for several months, my thoughts have been mostly anxiety-ridden. The diss has been most of it, but now my chair and I developed a plan to have me done in a year (!) but no pressure to produce anything until this semester is over.
My washing machine just stopped. It filled up and then stopped. I just did a load and everything was fine. I threw in some sheets for a second load, and bam. I could have tripped a breaker. I can't reach the fuse box, even on a step stool. I need a proper ladder for it. We have one, but I just don't feel like trying to get to that spot without a spotter right now. It's a used washer. It did this with the very first load, and the problem was that the sensor switch for if the lid is up or down wasn't working. It's cheap plastic so doesn't stay in place. Husband and a friend fixed it, but they had to take the back of the washer off to do so. They're golfing now. So at least I have a group of guys coming over who might want to fix it. I'd try, but it's a 2-person job. Sigh.
I have complaints. I was going to try to only post non-whining posts. Only funny complaining! But I have no energy for humor. On the bright side, the house is coming together. Slowly but surely, we're getting moved in. My office is almost functional for diss writing. My goal is to have it done today. I hope to have pictures of the whole thing in a couple of weeks.
updates to add: Apparently the internet is magic as now the washing machine is working and all I did was wash the bathroom windows (which I don't think have ever been washed in the history of the windows. OMG, gross.). Yay! By the power of the Internet!
No comments:
Post a Comment