It's been a busy week. In fact, it feels like it was actually 2 weeks. First week of classes is exhausting.
I'm grumpy. I'm supposed to be editing my prospectus to send it out to my committee, only I can't focus. Or apparently type or spell. I think it's from needing a day off. Which I have taken today after sleeping for 12 hours. I'll do something before I go to bed though.
Also, I have decided to stop responding to work emails in which people misspell my name. It is spelled correctly in my signature, in my email address, and in every place where it exists online in association with the uni. I've been a full-time member of this department for four years. And the way I spell my name is the standard way, the most common way, and the moist logical and grammatically correct way when you take into account that my name is actually an adjective. It's difficult to expect people to do things for you when you can't be bothered to spell their name correctly. It's the way spellcheck spells it for fuck's sake! They actaully have to try to get it wrong.
Like I said, grumpy.
Edited to add: And! The way it's being misspelled is the way you spell it if it's a last name!
6 comments:
I'm kind of dying to know what your name is now. I'm also wondering if your first name and my daughter's middle name are the same? Hmm...
I have one of *those* names with at least a dozen possible spellings, probably more, and people who've known me for years and years still spell it wrong. This completely offends me. I'm with you, don't answer their e-mails.
Husband said that name-guessing would be the reaction to my post. I assured him that my readers are way too classy to out me though. But if you email me, Tonks, I'll tell you. treeofknow at yahoo.
I just realized that my comment makes it look like I deleted a comment with my name in it. But no, I just deleted a double post.
Err, I mean tonkelu email me. :)
I had to switch to tonkelu when I moved over to Wordpress. Someone else was already masquerading as tonks. Sorry about the double comment!
Post a Comment