Sunday, February 07, 2010

When did it become February?

I've been sick this week. Nothing major, but I've been very tired and I'm on antibiotics. I canceled classes one day, so got two full days of sleep in. That helped, I think. I felt better yesterday and finished my prospectus draft and sent it to my committee. I hope they don't have any problems with it.

So today I was supposed to go with Husband to a Superbowl gathering, but my stomach was really hurting and I was tired, so I didn't go. And I feel bad. Apparently a lot of people canceled, so it's a small party and I feel bad about not being there.

Also, a friend keeps telling me to work less and is treating my illness this week as a sign that I need to ask for a reduced contract. In her mind, I am making myself sick from all the working. I rarely get sick, so I don't know what she's talking about. Migraines, yes, but that's just a part of my life. Maybe it's because I've started telling her no when she asks me to do stuff for her? Anyway, this is the least busy semester I've had in Island State. And next semester will be even better. I know writing my dissertation will be work, but it is work that I can pace as needed. So I get pissed off every time she suggests I work less. Besides, we can't afford the loss in income.

It's hard to sleep when your neighbors are watching the Superbowl.

No comments: